Friday, June 03, 2005

There ya' go, Sparky

When I was in college, a friend of mine once revealed that he had tazered himself just to see what it was like. His description was of time comming to a standstill and his vision going blue for a few seconds as he lost all motor control.

All that being said, Click on the title of this post, watch the video, and form your opinion of the issue.

Naturally, I think I would like Police officers to try and use a little diplomacy before pointing weapons at me, but I'm also not a beat cop. I don't walk into unknown and potentially dangerous situations every day. Sadly, the days of Andy Griffith and Don Knots keeping the town safe with good natured grins and fatherly advice have been replaced with a far less forgiving world.

Call me a fence sitter on this issue.

No comments: