Glynn County Democratic Party
Student Security Resolution
Whereas the Glynn County School System has been placed on six more months of probation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools: Council on Accreditation and School Improvement;
Understanding that more than 600 Glynn County School System students are high school seniors scheduled to graduate in 2006, and that they depend on the Glynn County School System’s accreditation for the opportunity to seek higher education and receive HOPE scholarship grants;
Concerned for the more than 2700 Glynn County School System students who will be approaching high school graduation in the years to come;
Alarmed that the hard work of so many students, parents, teachers and administrators is being threatened;
We, the Glynn County Democratic Party, do Hereby Resolve:
1. To demand of the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS) a full and itemized report on the reasons the Glynn County School System remains under probation, what SACS is specifically demanding that the Glynn County School System change, what timetable SACS requires of the Glynn County School System, and that this SACS report be signed and notarized as official;
2. To release this official report, through media channels, to the citizens, students, and parents of Glynn County;
3. To appoint or elect a member or members of the Glynn County Democratic Party to observe specific matters pertaining to the Glynn County School System;
4. To require such member or members so appointed or elected to perform the following duties:
a. Attend public meetings of the Glynn County School Board;
b. Examine the legal and proper methods by which specific School Board members may have their elected status recalled;
c. Investigate the grievances of parents, students, teachers and administrators within the Glynn County School System;
d. Report their findings pursuant to item “b” to the Glynn County Democratic Party no later than _______________________(date) so that necessary actions may be taken.
5. To release the contents of this resolution, as well as any findings, actions and resulting reports, through media channels, to the citizens, students and parents of Glynn County.
Ratified by the Glynn County Democratic Party this______day of___________, 2005
For_____________ Against_____________ Abstentions_____________
Introduced June 16, 2005
Finalized July 10, 2005
Authored by Glynn County Democratic Party Resolution Committee
Print it out, take notes, bring your comments and questions. We're on our way to save my Alma Mater - Glynn Academy, and even the old blue and gold Brunswick High. We're all pulling together for this one: Terror Spirit/Pirate Pride, and in the grand traditions of all the hellraisers and rabble rousers ever to stalk the halls of either school. We didn't go quiet then, we sure as hell ain't goin' quiet now!
The schedule for the Monday night meetings can be found here.