Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bush Refuses International Aid

Are you kidding me?

This one is for all those folks who I have heard in the past several days who said "Why doesn't the rest of the world help us out during times like these? We sure spent a lot of our time and money helping them..." Well, Mom, here's the answer: Your boy Bush doesn't want them to send the help! I'm sure there's gonna be some folks down in the 9th Ward and dying on the steps of the Superdome that are awfully appreciative of his refusal, 'cause now's the best time to let pride get in the way of a rescue effort!

I guess he thinks that letting other folks lend a hand would make us (and methinks more importantly, him) look weak in the face of Hurricane Katrina. I'll say it again, now ain't the time to act proud. There are thousands dying on the ground, and it doesn't appear that there can be something like too much help in this situation. I'm sure folks who need medicine are going to refuse treatment from French & German doctors who learned how to deal with crises in sub-Saharan Africa. I'm sure Louisianans don't want the Russians and Arabians telling them how to clean up oil and chemical spills. I'm sure that the Israelis don't know a thing or two about crowd control that we might be able to use. I'm sure NATO doesn't have half a clue about how to deal with refugees from unexpected situations. I saw some guy on Fox News ask last night where the Dutch were with all their flood control experience; they showed up, buddy, but Bush is turning them around at the door!

Now, I hate to Monday Morning Quarterback, but you've got to be kidding me. Let the aid come to the folks who need help! Yes. We are America. We can do this alone. But are we going to let pride get in the way of helping our people save lives? That's about the most un-American thing I've ever heard of.

The real Coalition is just waiting for the word, go.

No comments: