Monday, October 31, 2005

We Interrupt this Broadcast

Did my New Orleans trip shock y'all into some sort of reverent silence? (I understand though, GulfSails will break your heart today.) I've still got a coupla pieces to write about all the Crescent City, but those will come in due time. The world still turns, and we've still got Hell to raise round here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I'm suffering a little hangover due to a certain football game from this weekend and I wrote my long winded thoughts about it. I didn't even drink that much...that honor goes to Jerz, who doesn't remember the end of the game and later passed out with his eyes open. He was still in dire straights on the downstairs futon last night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for any who were wondering, there is a significant difference between voluntary (and legal) prayer in school, organized and led by students, and compulsory attendance to a faux tent revival. (Which is illegal) This is a post I'm sending out in the coming days to everyone I know, (and I hope you good readers will do the same) especially those individuals who somehow think Christians are persecuted in America, and the way to solve it is to force Evangelical and Literal Based Christianity down the throats of Catholics, Episcopalians, Lutherans, & Methodists. Not to mention Jews and Muslims, and anyone else who may not want to be "washed in the blood of the lamb" between Algebra and English. Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and give to God what is God's. Even Jesus argued for the seperation of Church and State.

Follow up, and sincere classiness on Jen's part, can be found here and here. And this ain't the first time Eagles players and Evangelical student groups have been given an inch and taken a mile.

Remember, folks, those "can't offend anybody at school" laws were designed to protect sweet, innocent Christian baby darlin's against troublemakers with long hair, steel toed boots and dirty southern rock (like me). Don't push y'all's luck. I'm waay better at being offensive than I am at being polite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Speaking of which DADvocate is getting conversation going about Men's place in society. I bring this up because I know its one of the things a lot of us see but don't talk about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, finally, though I can't bet money on football to save my life, here's some more reasons I should put money on politics. I might have got a lot of what happened here wrong (I didn't know the viscious attacks would come from Right Blogistan) but I pretty much called the play. Good thing the Democrats didn't waste a lot of political capital on Misers, 'cause they're gonna need all the help they can get when they filibuster this new guy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: