Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Introverts

Yeah, we know a couple of these folks, don't we?

Shucks, I'm probably one of them.

That's why this article is so important. Hat tip for the blog style to Clicked (though some MSNBC intenrn hasn't done the permalink correctly). Consequently, he also mentions that this article has popped up over at the conservative Ann Althouse and the liberal Kevin Drum.

I guess there's some interest in the psychology of this particular minority that cuts across all political, sexual, national, racial, geographical and any other stereotypical bounds. All the articles are pretty good, and you may learn something about yourself.

Reading stuff like this always makes me wonder if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. If I'm an extrovert it just means I've been around so many introverts for so long that I can talk for hours about any subject. But if I'm an introvert, then all the ranting and raving I do about things and the crazy side of me you see at parties and football games is just a coping mechanism. Just when I thought I had myself figured out, too. Cursed psychology!!!

1 comment:

dadvocate said...

I always thought I was an extrovert but by the criteria in the articly, I'm an introvert.

I haven't been bored by myself in over a couple of decades but meetings and the such kill me. I prefer small groups or one-to-one conversations. I hate talking on the phone for any longer than is absolutely necessary.