Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Untied

I don't know why, and I disagree with him about a bunch of things, but I've found myself becoming a reasonably avid fan of the Bowtie King himself: Tucker Carlson. As soon as I get a chance, his blog will be appearing in our links section.

Maybe it has been his stellar and fearless appearances on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO. Maybe its because he has his own show on MSNBC which is kind of like watching ESPN & MTV News (back in the good ole days) cover news and politics.

Maybe its just because he's out from under the shadow of that bonehead Novak and isn't debating Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Cajun on Crossfire anymore.

Though he still has that mental block that equates all liberals with stupid people, he is actually more libertarian that right wing, and that puts him far closer to the American Consensus philosophy. This is especially true when he accurately critiques the current administration in Washington for failing to protect our borders. On this, I agree with him wholeheartedly.

2 comments:

dadvocate said...

I agree also and Tucker hits on the reason Bush's immigration policy fails:

The answer, of course, is that much of the administration's business support comes from companies that benefit from illegal labor.

Millions of workers that you can pay below minimum wage and no benefits, Social Securitiy, Worker's Comp, etc., they love it. Tucker should have included farmers in the group that likes illegal aliens, however. Lots of illegals working on farms around here for subpar wages that citizens won't accept.

Dante said...

Seeing as my only TV comes through the antennae, I'm not a big watcher of Crossfire or CNN for that matter so I haven't seen much of Tucker Carlson. His blog looks pretty interesting. I especially like his blurb on Wal-Mart. It's a nice diversion from the "Catholic School Teachers in Trouble" articles.