Monday, February 13, 2006

Excuse me, ma'am...

...did I leave my badge underneath your bed?

I am going to Hell on scholarship.

Disclaimer: my Pops worked undercover for years. He also teaches classes and gives lectures on what officers of the law can and cannot do when making an arrest or a case. I know many, many officers of the law in both my personal and professional life, and have good relationships with many of them.

I also talk a great deal of trash, and many of these friends, not to mention my Pops, will be hearing from me on this particular issue. You guessed the Latin: ad nauseum.

So, in the spirit of Valentines day, as well as in the spirit of living in a fine nation where the rule of law is respected, I give you this link. And, once you read it, it will bring a smile to your face every time you hear an officer of the law say,

"Sorry, ma'am, I'm just doing my job."

3 comments:

S.A.W.B. said...

As per usual, I'm in the wrong racket...

petallic said...

I wonder if medical treatment of STDs would be covered under Workman's Comp.

Patrick Armstrong said...

It would have to: they were "just following orders."

I asked Pops last night if, out of all the classes on proceedure he'd taught, he'd ever had to cover 'technique.'

He was not amused.