Ok boys and girls, let's put down the appeasement pipe for a minute, and take a look at what is happening here. Muslims all over Europe and Asia are rioting. Why, you may ask, well, silly, because some political cartoonist in Europe somewhere drew a cartoon lampooning the prophet Mohammed. It seems that these people get a mite perturbed when someone dares to lampoon the martyr culture of Islam as it exists now, especially when you put a bomb in the turban of the great prophet Mohammed.
Let's take a page from the High Priest of the Church of the Painful Truth hisself, Neal Boortz, shall we?
- Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt. No Muslim outrage.
- A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills six. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back. No Muslim outrage.
- Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 are injured. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage
- Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world. No Muslim outrage.
- Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge. No Muslim outrage.
- Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed. Muslims are outraged.
Dead children. Dead tourists. Dead teachers. Dead doctors and nurses. Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.
Get the picture? No? Allow me to draw it a bit more clearly for you.
The publication of these cartoons of Mohammed are not the reason for the rioting and violence. They are the excuse. Islamic protesters burned down the Danish consulate in Beirut in response to those cartoons making fun of Islam. Riots are ongoing, cars are being overturned and at least one person is dead in Afghanistan. Pakistan is boycotting prescription drugs from companies based in countries where the cartoons were published.
This is absolutely insane. What we are witnessing is the ultimate conclusion to militant political correctness. Many leftists would excuse this behavior...because these Muslims are "offended." Know this: in the world of liberals, there is no greater crime known to man than offending Muslims. The more violent radical Islamists become the more the politically correct elements make excuses for them.
This religion is rapidly getting out of control. Muslims can murder 200 school children and their parents, shooting kids in the back, in Chechnya and the Muslim world hardly pauses a moment to notice. Let someone draw a cartoon of their so-called "prophet" and they start burning embassies and looking for Europeans to kidnap or murder. The more our Western leaders make excuses for their behavior, the bolder they become. These Muslims torching embassies and rioting around the world are not what we might consider highly educated. They have little or no understanding of Western culture and the concept of freedom of the press is entirely beyond the grasp of most of them. They believe that anything printed in any newspaper constitutes the official opinion of that country's government.
These riots and demonstrations are not about those cartoons, they are about freedom. One protestor was seen carrying a sign that said Freedom go hell. To these Islamic jihadist criminals freedom is an enemy. A religion that says you must either convert, kill or enslave those who don't believe as you is not a religion that would embrace freedom. Whether the politically correct like it or not, this is a religion that is anathema to our way of life and the liberties we hold dear.
There was another sign being carried by these Islamic rioters. It said "Europe. Take some lessons from 9/11." I sure I don't have to explain the threat implicit in that sign. Actually, this is a good thing. I wish the Islamic radicals would wave more of those "Europe. Take some lessons from 9/11" signs. The train bombings in Spain and the subway bombings in London apparently weren't enough. Maybe these riots will convince the Euro-snobs that Islamic fanatics and their myrmidons pose as much a threat to them, perhaps more of a threat, as they do to the people of the United States.
I'm sick of the lip service that keeps getting paid to the non-Muslim world about how Islam is a religion of Peace. Unfortunately, I'm guessing it's going to take something drastic, say, the oft-bandied suitcase nuke, to get the world to wake up and realize that while some Muslims don't agree with the reactionary hatred and fire that is being spewed, they are being roundly drowned out by the chanting, protesting, and violence of the rest.
I'll leave you with a comment from a story linked on Fark.com last week, regarding the embassy burnings.
For the record, I'm not a big fan of Boortz. I scroll right past the Bush apologism. His Fair Tax plan sounds intriguing, but I'm hardly the economist so I have no idea how effective it would be. I check out his website mainly for his Farkish links that he has on the bottom. The muslim outrage bit really struck me because it's something that has been troubled me for some time. Yes, muslims spoke out condemning the 9/11 attacks, but the real anger only surfaces over a cartoon, or over a book that may or may not have been flushed down a toilet.
The wife of one of my best friends is a muslim from Indonesia. She is a sweet, friendly person and I have nothing against her. However, she sees a clip of masked terrorists sawing the head off of Nick Berg while screaming "Allahu Ackbar" while Nick dies a painful, gurgling death, it doesn't bother her. She rewatches the clip where the name of the Muslim God is invoked to celebrate death, pain and horror and she doesn't flinch. On the other hand, she watches Team America. She gets riled over the fact that "Muhommed" and "Allah" are invoked in mock-Arabic gibberish. She stormed out of the room saying, "I'm not watching this farking movie."
It's kinda touchy because she's the wife of a friend, but I can't help but notice how she took more offense to a couple of jokers and their puppet movie than a pack of masked thugs sawing some guy's head off. And that is symptomatic of what I see with the muslim community at large. Their religion has been highjacked by the extremists. They don't like it but their outrage only truly surfaces when some westerner does somethng that is an affront to their religion.