Monday, May 15, 2006

Hilarious

The Moms likes to send me jobs she thinks I would be good at. She's also a raging conservative. Hard line and all that. Imagine my absolute curiosity when she sends me the job description for the following. This is not a joke.

Job Title Executive Assistant
Prior Experience (yrs) 1+
Job Description EXEC ASST for fast-paced marijuana policy reform lobby. Strong writing and organization skills req, light bookkeeping exp. a plus. $35K.
Desired Profile Strong writing and organization skills req, light bookkeeping exp. a plus. $35K.

I'm totally not kidding. What's even funnier than my Moms sending me this a job I should be interested in (I got rid of the hippie hair long ago, I can't hacky-sack, and I have a penchant for wearing large black boots) is the actual job description itself.

Fast paced & marijuana do not sound like a string of words, pop culturally speaking, that should go together. The fact that they actually repeated, almost verbatim, the job description is something that I laughed out loud at.

5 comments:

dadvocate said...

Like, wow, man, sounds like a great job. But, you forgot to include a phone number, address or email where I can contact these guys.

Dante said...

"you forgot to include a phone number, address or email where I can contact these guys."

You job hunting or trying to score some weed?

petallic said...

I think they knew exactly what they were doing with the repetition. Any stoner who glazed over it the first time might take it in on the second go-round.

I think it's sweet your moms takes interest and notes your special hobbies. Kudos to Wendikums.

S.A.W.B. said...

Fast-paced only refers to when you're playing Gran Turismo...ON WEEEEEEEED!!!

/Jon Stewart in 'Half-Baked'

dadvocate said...

dante-
Salary wise it would be a step down. So... :-)