Thursday, July 13, 2006

Definition of Insanity:

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Because this worked out so well the last time, right? And the time before that?

I wonder how far IDF forces will go before they have to start pulling back, leaving endless tracts of shattered infrastructrue, anarchy and the seething hate of a conquered population in their wake? Those sound like all the ingredients for sound national security to me.

Like I said, that worked out so well last time, didn't it?

I think it is time for France (& maybe even Turkey) to step up, bring some of those legionaires into Lebanon, secure that nation's government and set up a DMV between Lebanon & Israel. That way, Israel would have someone to work with to keep their northern border secure and Lebanon would be free from the threat of invasion from both Israel and Syria.

3 comments:

liberalandproud said...

You meant DMZ, right? I doubt a Department of Motor Vehicles would be much help.
I'm probably just missing something. All those acronyms you crazy kids use!

Patrick Armstrong said...

No, I really meant DMV. I figure the easiest way to ratchet down Middle Eastern jackassery is to get everyone thoroughly cowed and standing in lines to negotiate endless red tape.

"I'm sorry, Hezbollah, you just can't fire this kind of hommmade rocket with this classification, you're going to have to go to the office down the hall and apply for the proper permit."

"Next!"

"I'm sorry, Prime Minister, that tank column just doesn't meet invasion standards, and their weight limit is too much for the roads into the Golan. You're going to need to change strategy or come back with plans to use lighter and more manuverable APC's instead. And remember to do that on Wedensday, as we'll be out of the office until then."

patsbrother said...

If an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, I suggest we all invest heavily in sunglasses, probing canes, and guide dog training facilities. It seems now is the best time for it.