Tuesday, July 25, 2006

On War

Lieutenant Colonel Robert Bateman is a contributor ot Eric Alterman's MSNBC Online blog, Altercation.

Today he had this to say:
We have a problem in the United States. Well, we have a lot of problems of course, but one in particular I can help alleviate. We have a problem of knowledge. More specifically, we have a problem with a lack of knowledge about one particular topic: War.
...
So I enjoin you to read. Not just Altercation (though, of course, continue to do that), and not just the news about war, but I think that I must ask you to read about war, become educated in war, so that, in the end, you can discuss war with reason, facts, understanding of theories, and hard-nosed comprehension.
I think these words ring very true for folks on the right and the left.

No comments: