Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Vote Today

So I went to the polls bright eyed and bushy tailed at 8 AM. OK, in truth, everyone else was bright eyed and bushy tailed and I came draggin' in lookin' like roadkill. Such is the price of representing the Party Wing of the Democratic Party.

Took me all of 5 minutes to vote. As I was there, 4 people had already voted, and six folks were behind me involved in various stages of the process. But, once I got to work, 33% of eligible voters had already voted by 9 am. My Pops just got finished with his ballot and called to tell me that voting was light around 10:30am.

6 comments:

liberalandproud said...

I also dragged myself to my polling place at around 8 AM. Meant to get there right at 7. Oh well, best laid plans. My official business took about 10 minutes (I stood there wavering on the Lt. Gov race right up to the end). I spent another few minutes chewing the fat with Jan. Apparently, there had been a little rush at 7:00. While I was there, folks were trickling in. I was by far the most bedraggled looking person there. Sigh. Must remember next time: Step one - consume mass quantities of coffee. Step two - exercise rights as citizen. May the best candidates win, for all our sakes.

S.A.W.B. said...

with 'best' being the operative term here...

/rooting for Cathy Cox, Denise Majette, and a few others...

petallic said...

It only took me five minutes. Would have taken less if the registration guy hadn't been so fascinated by my passport. Apparently he'd never seen one before.

I strolled in around noon and didn't have to wait a second. Rather to my dismay of my generation though, I was the only person under 60 in the building.

patsbrother said...

Pat: Where did you get this statistic?

"33% of eligible voters had already voted by 9 am"

Patrick Armstrong said...

Sorry. "When I got to work, 33% of eligible voters who work in my office had already voted by 9 am."

Thanks

Dante said...

I got there at 6PM. I had to wait behind about three people. I did my usual not voting for anyone who runs unopposed. And at least on the R side of things, there were plenty of compotent conservative challengers so I was even able to try to vote out a few incumbents. I'd hate them to think they can make a career of this type of thing.