Monday, July 17, 2006

Wreckt Hecht

So I already pointed you to Andre's public dismemberment of Democratic Lt. Governor candidate Greg Hecht's negative campaigning at Georgia Politics Unfiltered.

Today I got an email from the Georgia Young Democrats Chair about some phone calls that canvassed the state recently. Claiming to be 'Orlando Jones', the anonymous caller talked about how good Democrat Lt. Governor candidate Jim Martin was for supporting Gay Marriage. This went on during the Lt. Governor debates.

This was followed up by clicking over to Athens Politics who give us a circumstantial but logical evidence chain about who is the culprit. The most likely Dirty Tricks Dirty Campaign Democrat? Greg Hecht.

So tommorow, my vote for Lt. Governor will now go to the person most likely to beat Hecht.

I will also be more interested to see exactly which campaign tactic wins out in this case: negative campaigning or internet campaigning against the purveyors of negativity. I'm casting my vote right now with the email lists and political blogs who are working to expose and eliminate jackassery.

6 comments:

Dante said...

Yeah because who cares about how good a candidate will be at the office they're running for? Let's just vote for the nicest guy (or gal of course).

Patrick Armstrong said...

Sorry if I think those who demonstrate more allegiance to slime and ambition wouldn't make a good elected official. How people run their campaigns reflects on how they will spend their time in office (IMHO). If they are worth their weight, they would leave this childishness behind.

Dante said...

"Sorry if I think those who demonstrate more allegiance to slime and ambition wouldn't make a good elected official."

I can certainly see that being a factor and I can understand your point of view but here are the pieces of your original article that disturb me greatly:

"The most likely Dirty Tricks Dirty Campaign Democrat? Greg Hecht."

So you don't even really know it's him.

"So tommorow, my vote for Lt. Governor will now go to the person most likely to beat Hecht."

Yet still you're going to spend your vote trying to get anyone else in there regardless of their political leanings.

How far are you going to take your voting? If Hecht wins the primary, are you going to throw your vote Cagle's way in November? He seems like a pretty nice guy.

liberalandproud said...

dante makes good points. I'm still not decided on Hecht. For now, his sticker's still on my bumper, but I may change my mind tomorrow. For my part, I still plan to vote for the winner of the primary. Then again, a lady always reserves the right to change her mind ; )

Patrick Armstrong said...

As I linked to earlier, Hecht has already engaged in some serious dirty campaigning that is provable.

I was already planning on voting for someone else entirely, but that particular individual lost my vote for running a sloppy campaign.

So, this does place me in the unenviable position of having to cast my vote against the worst candidate as opposed to for the best candidate.

So I cast my vote outside of the 'best possible scenario.' I will still cast my vote.

As far as November is concerned, when a candidate has made me mad, he's made me mad. One of the greatest duties one has to their own bunch of apples is to get rid of the bad ones.

S.A.W.B. said...

I almost forgot that it was primary day tomorrow...it's one of my favorite days ever, much to the chagrin of paT, SWMBO, and most of the rest of the world.

/VOTE HECHT!
//SHARPTON 4 PREZ!!!
///DIG UP STROM! I WANT TO VOTE SOME MORE!!!