Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crazy People Open Thread

Welcome to yet another Monday. That means we're going open up the "Crazy People" thread for your venting pleasure. I come to this idea after reading this article on MSNBC. The theme: arE YoU a fReaK maGnEt? weLL? ArE yOU?

“A freak magnet is basically someone who attracts bizarre, unwanted attention,” says Ginger, who asked that her real name not be used due to the number of times she’s been stalked. “You’re minding your own business and then you suddenly have some encounter that you didn’t invite in any way. It just happens to some people more than others.”
I know y'all've got some stories to share.

If you want to remain silent about your experiences, or you aren't quite sure what I'm talking about, you can read more at Diary of a Freak Magnet.

2 comments:

Patrick Armstrong said...

Yeah, right, you pansies! 14 hours, a bunch of visitors and not one single comment on this one?!?

I know some of you, I know they's some stories out derre.

...


...

Unless you're all emailing each other ("Patrick is such a freak....")

petallic said...

Personally, I keep my head down, never make eye contact, and emit the butchest energy I can. Nobody ever bothers me. Seriously, I have never had one stranger ever say one untoward thing. The only freaks I get are people who bare their souls to me within twenty minutes of knowing me, but I don't think that's altogether freakish. People just get all warm and fuzzy when they find out what I do for a living, and before I know it, they're telling me how they were molested. It's a trust issue, I think.

No freak magnet here.