Thursday, September 14, 2006

all your news are belong to us

Interesting read about a media ownership study allegedly conducted and then buried by the FCC. As a disclaimer, I was never a fan of media ownership deregulation. I'm one of those folks who sees a link between the "news media as entertainment" and the "freedom of the internet" issues directly to said deregulation.

Business must still follow rules and laws that the people, through representative government, decide. If the people are OK with deregulation, then I'll disagree but live with it. What I really don't like, however, is the possibility that government funded studies about the cons of deregulation are getting buried.

And when that happens, I tend to think there are some political and financial shenanigans going on. But that's just me...

No comments: