Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Violence

DADvocate discusses violence by women against drunken men.

At the same time, Hillary discusses violence by (reportedly drunken) men against other men.

Some thoughts:

1. Everyone wants to beat up that drunk, obnoxious, disrespectful & groping guy in the bar. Everyone.

2. Where were the chick's friends who allowed the drunk, obnoxious, disrespectful & groping guy to harass her? Where were the drunk, obnoxious, disrespectful & groping guy's friends to sit his ass back down at the table and apologise for him?

3. Why bring your pregnant wife & kid to a Deftones/Korn show?

4. Why expect the audience to remain reasonable at a Deftones/Korn show?

5 comments:

dadvocate said...

I agree with you on all points.

I very rarely go to bars and other places where people may get drunk, stoned, wild, etc. I can take care of myself. But if I kick some drunk's ass, I still may go to jail or at least go through a hassle with law enforcement, etc.

I stick with friends that are "good" drunnks.

petallic said...

What? I shouldn't rip out patsbrother's armhair when he pisses me off?

dadvocate said...

petallic-

It hurts most when you pull out the arm pit hair. Give it a try.

:-)

Patrick Armstrong said...

Keep that woman away from the Duct Tape and cigarettes...

petallic said...

Dadvocate, I'm sure that's true, but reaching under the arm removes the element of surprise.

I thought about this post earlier today when one of my girls at school was walloping a boy on the back. I glanced up at her in my menacing way, and she said, "But he made me mad!" I tried this line of attack, "We're trying to teach our boys to be non-violent, and we women aren't providing a good example," but all I got in return was a "Yes ma'am." From the other side of the room, however, came the voice of another boy who said, "But we like it when they hit us."

And that, my friend, is my answer to this topic.