Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgivinin'

Sorry to leave that last post up for so long, the things I have to be thankful for took me away from the internet for several days, and I hardly realized how many days that actually was. We were blessed with a beautiful day on Thanksgiving Thursday in New Orleans, that my cousins and I spent circling Audobon Park. Then there was Turkeydaydinner, spent close enough to the track to see the suited men and hatted ladies making their way to and from the races. I haven't spent a Turkey day around that many people I was related to in years.

Then there was the long drive on Friday from NOLA to the ATL to pick up, of all things, Turducken. Coffee with friends in Marietta and then onward to Athens to help set up for Thanksgiving Saturday. There was more cooking, the glory of the Chick-fil-a Chicken Biscuit hangover breakfast, and a Georgia - Georgia Tech game for the ages.

So much fun, in fact, that the drive back had to wait till Monday. So I was right last Monday, when I said it was gonna be a good week.

No comments: