Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Doomsday

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1959

Bunch of smart fellas got together and decided we're about 5 minutes before midnight on the Doomsday Clock. Part of it is nuclear proliferation, part of it is global warming. I wonder if the symbolism of the Doomsday Clock still has any meaning for folks in the day and age of the Information Superhighway and YouTube, though.

Kinda retro, is what I'm sayin'. May not appeal as much to the kids these days.

Plus, and this is kinda morbid, but can you imagine the press conference someday when they actually announce "well, we're at midnight. The end is neigh. Party's over. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here..."

1 comment:

Dante said...

I think someone's been reading too much Harlan Ellison. Ironically, this is the first I've heard of this and I just watched the linked show last night.