Friday, March 30, 2007

Damn I'm Cold

It's a little frosty down here today. In a move that stunned me this morning, Alec Baldwin, he of the unfilfilled promise to vacate to more Canadian locales, has offered to pay the college tuition of an 18 year old Army soldier who is about to deploy to Iraq.

What stunned me with this story, was not that Alec felt the compunction to show his support for the troops, but that he managed to make the public statement about supporting this particular soldier without once invoking the mantra of the Super-Smart-Hollywood-Military-Geniusseses 'Bush lied about this evil profit-driven war that nothing good ever at all will ever come of until we have full Democratic control of the federal government at which point continuing the war will be the best idea since sliced gravy'.

Yeah, I need more coffee to absorb this one

1 comment:

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

I can't decide which is funnier: the phrase "it's kind of frosty down here today," the fact that I checked the Weather Channel for weather on SAWB's zip code to figure out what he was talking about (before getting the joke), or that we now have a "lack of shenanigans" label for posts.