Friday, May 04, 2007

If God Ain't Got Good Whiskey....

I'd rather go to Hell.

I am forced to the interweb for my music today, as burritos are more important that watching music live. No, I'm not bitter.

If you're up in El Georgia Del Norte, you need to getcho ass down to the Tasty World in Athens on Saturday night, for the Cinco De Mayo rendition of Solid Gold Saturday Night. The Bearfoot Hookers will be two steppin' (instead of 12 steppin'), and will be joined by the King Cotton Band and Levi Lowery and the Country Home Band.

I will (attempt to) torture my fellow burrito makers with both BFH albums on Saturday night, in harmonic solid gold solidarity. We'll see if that lasts longer than the heavy metal.

8 comments:

Leigh C. said...

What? No reggae??? ;-)

the lady said...

no one deserves the bearfoot hookers.

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

They actually let the reggae play for a bit. It actually takes more than one album to finally break them. At some point they realize that, no, we won't be chaging style voluntarily.

The metal SAWB sent me back with lasted three songs before a revolt broke out.

But they can't stand Soul Miner's Daughter, either, so it really has turned into an auditory experiment every time I work. I think it has to do with an aversion to 'melody.' But I'll get back to you on that.

Leigh C. said...

Depending on what kind of sonic ecksper'mints you'd like to try, I can assist you some. Lemme know...

Maybe some "Van Lear Rose" from Loretta Lynn? Some Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players? If my dad gets it on CD, the Fugs' "I Feel Like Homemade Shit" or "Slum Goddess" might be interesting - but, then again, you might be barred from the burrito stand for good.

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

I do need to go and find a copy of Van Lear Rose as I have been meanin' to.

Strange, since I put this post up, I've been listening to Levi Lowrey over and over and over. Specially Dry Spell. Reminds me how country I really am, and takes me back to those Oconee County evenings on covered bridges, mill ponds and red hills.

Leigh C. said...

Dolly Parton! There ya go!

S.A.W.B. said...

Time for the PCU stunt. Break out the Starland Vocal Band...and lock up the stereo...

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

But, you see, that would leave me badly, badly outnumbered. And I would never be able to report my findings.