Monday, May 28, 2007

Memories

Two years ago today, right this very minute, as a matter of fact, I was very, very hungover, and eating breakfast at a place called Dresner's Cafe, two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, after having nearly destroyed Island City, Georgia, the night before.

Later in the day, two years ago, I would take some hair of the dog medicine and roll donw the beach, where I got to hang with some beautiful neighbors wearing next to nothing and get ready for Monday of two years ago's hangover.

How very, very different the world looks today from the view that was Memorial Day 2005.

2 comments:

the lady said...

oh how i recall the phone call telling SWAB and i the story of said weekend. me, heavily pregnant and just wishing i could taste beer again sometime soon. you can't tell me you actually miss those kind of hangovers!

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

I can't even remember how I figured out how to use the phone, much less how we got all the equipment back in the house. Thank goodness it was only a block from home, so I didn't have that far to crawl. I don't miss the hangovers, that's for sho', but I damn sure miss the rock stardom.