Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Have An NFL Draft

OH NOES THEY BE STEALIN' MY NFL DRAFT!1!!1!

Maybe, iffin' we's lucky. If we get it or not, I like to see it. Tells me the sports boosters are thinking outside the box, and that's good. NOLA will already own sports for the next year, what with the NBA All-Star Game, and - far more importantly - the Sugar Bowl AND the BCS College Football National Championship Game. That means, for a week at least, New Orleans will be the undisputed capitol city for millions of college football fans.

I'm sure I'll have more than a few friends in town that week.

That being said, the next logical step in this progression is to get New Orleans some really outside the box sporting events to host. I'm thinking futbol games, we should be hosting some Copa America matches at least, or some World Cup play-ins. From there, it is only a matter of time before we score an Olymic Games....

No comments: