Sunday, August 26, 2007

Two Years Passed

This is the most difficult intro to a post I've written in a while. I should be asleep right now. I should have gone down to a local restaurant to see about a cute young lady who works there. I should have just tuned out and watched television. I should have planned my week a little better in the little time I have. But I didn't.

I started traveling back in time, and when you start something like that, you can't stop until you're done. Because of the internet, you can come with me.

I apologize for not taking you back further.

DotCalm
August 28th, 2005
September 3, 2005

Safe As Houses
August 31, 2005
September 3, 2005

Da Po Boy
August 24th, 2005
October 27th, 2005

G-Bitch
September 15th, 2005

GulfSails,
and don't start reading this unless you are in it for a time committment, because you won't be able to stop.
August, 2005
And this one is the one that got me, this time through.

Library Chronicles
August 30th, 2005

Maitri
Day 0
Day 1

Metroblogging New Orleans
August, 2005

Ray in New Orleans
August 29th, 2005

Suspect Device
August 27th, 2005

Wet Bank Guide
August 30th, 2005

Your Right Hand Thief
August 27th, 2005

2 comments:

Leigh C. said...

I did that with mominem's neck of the woods yesterday. Time travel's a bitch, especially when it involves this yahrtzeit (death anniversary).

Hang in there, man...

sophmom said...

Wow. You've been a busy reader! Thanks so much for the links (not so much mine, but the others I hadn't read in so long). I remember those days so intensely, like Mark describes, hanging on every post at NOLA.com, every word out of wdsu and wwl feeds online.

Maitri's "Day 0" gives me chills, having just read "Day 730".

We talked about Troy's posts Saturday, didn't we? They're so intense and I'm so grateful he wrote them. I read all of his first 15 last August 29th.

BTW, Michael lied to me about that mandolin for a week, telling me he'd left it at Lee's house when they stopped there first. He had promised he would bring it but didn't. After about a week he 'fessed up and he managed to fetch it in November.

I've learned a whole lot about New Orleans and New Orleanians since then. I wish I could turn back the clock and make it not have happened, while, at the same time, I'm so very grateful for the wonderful friends I've made because it did. As always, it was terrific seeing y'all this weekend.

Cool post, Pat. Peace, darlin'.

Dotcalm