Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Greatest Website Jukebox Evar

One of the greatest things about going to school in Athens back in the day, and I don't know if they still do this, but one of the local rock radio stations would dub Larry Munson's most famous football calls into classic rock songs. This stuff would play during the weeks of football season, and I still feel the chills that run up my spine when I hear them.

Like I said, I don't know if any of the radio stations do that anymore in Athens...but I know the chills still come because one website that put up a whole jukebox of songs with Munson calls dubbed in. Ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the reasons I read sports blogs, and I salute the team over at the Georgia Sports Blog for this little bit of joy that has come into my life over the interwebs today.

Especially the rendition of "Whiskey River." For those of us who remember the night of October 7th, 2000 and every other Saturday night under Sanford's lights, belly up to the bar at Gnat's Landing on Island City, or far and away with the alums at Carrolton Station in New Orleans, we raise our glasses to running over people and destroying some property tonight.

Woof.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

What a hoot!