Thursday, December 20, 2007

Now, That's What I'm Talking About

Yessir. Getting geared up to go home and chill with the Moms and the Pops on Island City. This means that Pops will undoubtedly attempt to bait me into some sort of religious/political argument, most likely over the "War On Christmas" but possibly on Presidential politics. If I take the bait, the argument will get out of hand, as per usual, and all sorts of bourbon will be needed to unspool. I'll try not to take the bait, or (more likely) just hit the bourbon early and avoid much coherent thought (it is difficult, after all, to start an argument with a stumbling family member in a Georgia Bulldawgs' dreadlock beanie who won't stop talking like Lil' Doogie).

Luckily, I don't need to write out the entire transcripts for my readership, because folks like Doug over at Hey, Jenny Slater! have saved me the time and trouble by doing such a great job. In the latest installment, HJS takes on the "Catholic League" and their spokeshole William Donohue. I felt so much glee at reading this, that it warmed the cockles of my cynical, bitter, guilt-ridden Catholic heart.

I simply had to share it with all of you, especially those of you who constantly point out Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton's flaws. Demogougery is a two way street, after all.

3 comments:

dadvocate said...

those of you who constantly point out Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton's flaws.

(In my best Joe Pesci voice) You talkin' to me?

Couldn't be, I consider them more than flaws.

Leigh C. said...

Happy hollerdays, coozan! Enjoy your timewith your folks, no matter what happens.

liberalandproud said...

Bill Donahue is such a tool. Does anyone take him seriously anymore?