Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Better Moment

I couldn't beleive I was listening to a concession speech.

I couldn't believe I was listening to a speech by an American candidate for President, saying these things that need to be said, speaking these words after so many years of bitterness and cynicism tearing us apart as a people.

I couldn't believe it, because for so long we have been without a real national leader who is able to stir the souls of men and women with a voice. For so long, we have been without those men and women who rise to the occasions that face us, we have been without those who know that all the words they are speaking will be marked down for posterity.

Maybe I should stop having so much trouble believing, because Tuesday night, Barack Obama didn't sound like he was conceding anything in New Hampshire.

No comments: