Wednesday, March 05, 2008

O'L School Democrats

Say what you want, I miss having civic leaders like former Athens Mayor Gwen O'Looney around. I mean, when you look at the current leadership...well, almost anywhere, it makes me yearn for the days of my youth when there were still governors like Zell Miller and mayors like Gwen out there trying to tweak the system so that life could be a little better for everyone.

The Clarke County Democrats just had a roast of Mayor O'Looney and it went a little something like this. I wanted to rip some of the best content for teaser-material here (and the reference to Island City), but I would just end up posting the whole thing. It's that good.

Go and read and dream of a time back before the droughts and floods.

1 comment:

sophmom said...

Awww.... Pat, I so know those feelings, 'cept it wasn't exactly a job that did those things to me. *sigh*

It did teach me to fight for myself. While I don't think I'd do it all again, given the chance, I appreciate that it's part of what made me who I am.

Have a great spring break.

Dotcalm