Tuesday, March 18, 2008

State of the Union

Most of you may not have heard it, or if you did, you only heard snippets of it. I waited until all my work was done and went online to read it.

Words matter, and these words matter most of all. Everything I've learned and thought about race after 30 years on this planet, and he sums it up in just over 30 minutes.

I have not dared to dream I would hear or read or live to see someone offer such a genuine estimation of what this country was, is and could be. Less so did I dare to think anyone would give such estimation based on the subject of race. This was more important, more pressing and more cutting to the heart of this nation than any State of the Union speech I've ever heard.

Because, unlike all the others so titled, these words actually dealt with the state of our Union.

.

No comments: