Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Vote

How much does your vote count?

I just got off the phone with someone who knows.

In Florence, South Carolina, a cat I know just won the mayor's race by one vote. His younger brother, one of my best friends, called to tell me the news. Yes, it was just the Democratic Primary, but no Republican has declared a candidacy to face the winner in the fall. Yes, there will be recounts starting Thursday, to verify the vote tally. Things could change.

But right now, the election has been certified and the score currently stands: Willis 1467, Wukela 1468.

How powerful is one vote? If you think Globally and Act Locally, it can make a world of difference.

.

2 comments:

liberalandproud said...

Democracy in action!

the lady said...

Why does the idea of a Wukela in office scare me?!?!?