Monday, June 30, 2008

Tagged

So, I got tagged by DADvocate, so here's my response:

What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago, I was working in the Borders Books of Athens, Georgia. It was the year after I graduated from college, and I was sticking around enjoying life for a bit. I played in two bands. One was Ori, a sort of acid jazz/R&B outfit. They moved me from bass player to publicist and we ended up getting some good press after that. The other was Overnight Low, and I'm not sure what kind of music that it was, but it was always very loud. It was some type of rock music like you would hear in the 1990's. My bandmates were the people I had been playing music with since the 11th grade. We had a fun year. I spent most of my time playing cards, tailgating for football games, writing about local music and figuring out what to do next.

If you want to get very specific, exactly five years ago I was most likely grilling meat for dinner and drinking a bourbon and coca-cola.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. Use spray paint to mark off the football field at Coghill Elementary school.
2. Organize children into groups so they could practice basketball and football fundamentals.
3. Get my hair cut (not completed).
4. Write a proposal for a presentation on the day-to-day life of an RSD teacher (not completed).
5. Attend the Monday night dinner with my New Orleans family.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
We don't really have snacks in New Orleans. We have meals. I'll have to dig in the vault for this one...
1. Krispe Kreme donuts.
2. Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches.
3. Pop Tarts (strawberry) for their value as currency when dealing with students in the RSD.
4. Vlasic Dill Pickle spears.
5. Zapp's Potato Chips, generally Gator Tators, Spicy Crawtators, or BBQ flavored.

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. My friends and family would be set for life;
2. Gameday suites at Sanford Stadium, the Superdome, and the Georgia Dome. Forever.
3. Fix the public schools in New Orleans and Glynn County.
4. Buy the New Orleans Saints and sell 60% of the ownership to the citizens of New Orleans (or however the Packers have their deal set up) so the team would never leave the city.
5. Start a home insurance co-op where policy holders are also shareholders.

What are five of your bad habits?
1. Smoking.
2. Smoking.
3. Smoking while procrastinating.
4. Smoking while drinking coffee.
5. Smoking while eating junk food.

What are five places where you have lived?
This is even more of a stretch.
1. Birmingham, Alabama: where I was born.
2. St. Simons Island, Georgia: 1983 - 1996, 2003 - 2006
3. Creswell Hall, Athens, Georgia: 1996 - 1999
4. Elsewhere in Athens, Georiga (Including LeChateau Apartments, 101 Highland Park Drive and 8130 Macon Hwy)
5. New Orleans, Louisiana: 2006 - present

What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Service Industry, back of the house, baby! Line cook, prep cook, dishwasher, bus boy, delivery driver, expediter, etc. 1995 - 2007
2. Universities! Department of Housing (UGA), University College-Admissions (Troy), Office of Institutional Development (Loyola). 1997 - 2007
3. Teacher! Recovery School District (2007 - 2008).
4. Freelance journalist! Yes, people paid me to write for them in 2003.
5. Bass Player! Got paid in currency and in beer to make noise for drunk people.

2 comments:

Leigh C. said...

Why you...you SMOKER, you!

You gotta quit, man. If this city won't kill you, the smoking definitely will.

DADvocate said...

Krispie Kreme doughnuts! Yum! I could eat a dozen in one sitting when I was in college.