Thursday, September 11, 2008

South Carolina Preview

Ah, yes. The wind is gusting to about 20 mph here on Esplanade Avenue in New Orleans, LA. The humidity getting sucked into and spit out by Hurricane Ike to our south will continue to hose us down and dry us out over the course of the next 36 hours. But the freshness in the air reminds me of one thing: football season.

Because of Gustav, I pretty much missed out on the first two weeks of college football. Hey, it happens. I did get my power turned on just in time to see Knowshon Moreno go wheels up and hurdle some poor Central Michigan defensive back and leave the air-traffic control personell at Hartsfield-Jackson wondering what that blip was on radar. But this Saturday will be the first real day I get to belly up to the bar (That would be Bruno's on Maple Street at 2:30 CDT, for any of the 14th Ward Dawg fans in the NOLA who don't know...) and take in hours of television and pints of beer. And it is the day Georgia opens SEC play up in Columbia against the University of South Carolina, and the hated visor wearing Steve Spurrier.

I wish I could give a detailed pre-game analysis of the situation, but I can't say anything that hasn't already been typed out and linked in the Dawgoshpere. Spending too many nights rolling burritos will cut down on my ability to offer anything substantive to the conversation. In lieu of this, I point you towards a far better mind than my own and what he has to say about the game: Doug Gillet of Hey, Jenny Slater!.

.

No comments: