Thursday, October 30, 2008

Orange

The McCain campaign worker who made up a story about being assaulted because of her McCain bumper-sticker has copped a plea for filing a false police report. But what got me about the story was the photo that went with it. You see what color she is wearing? I remember old football centered jokes about a certain state university in Knoxville's color scheme and how it matched hunting vests, Waffle House uniforms and county prison jumpsuits for inmates.

This is unfortunate, because all the folks I know who are Tennessee fans are fine, upstanding and classy people. I can only imagine the FARK photoshops that will come of this episode to the detriment of that fine institution of learning and their fan base.

.

5 comments:

DADvocate said...

Just this weekend, as me and some buddies were cleaning up the roadside, we were talking about this. Just ain't right.

DADvocate said...

OMG!! I just looked at the picture. This is worse than I thought.

I blame it on Pat Summit. Her hugely successful women's basketball program has popularized UT with females all over the country.

Dante said...

Yeah, there are all kinds of fine upstanding Vols fans. Ray Brent Marsh comes to mind...

DADvocate said...

Upstanding? Hell, I can hardly stand up after the drinking I have to do to get over they way the Vols are playing this year.

You know it's odd when a Vol fan is looking forward to basketball season.

liberalandproud said...

You know it's odd when a Vol fan is looking forward to basketball season.
That is my standard line: "I'm just waitin' for basketball season!"