Thursday, December 11, 2008

sNOwLA



Though right now, as of 10:15am CST, it has turned into a "wintry mix" of sleet and rain, this morning was beautiful in New Orleans. I woke up several times during the night, and there was nothing to be seen. But this morning, I was woken by the squeals of children coming out of their houses in Faubourg St. John to run around.



I texted friends and called Mom & Dad, and most were shocked. More than one resident of North Georgia called me a bastard because all they have is rain and misery. We'll have snow today and sunny skies with 70 degree highs by Sunday. My Aunt was delighted that her grandkids get to see snow this year.



It was really coming down just before 9AM. You couldn't see very far, and the drivers on the roads were acting like they had never gotten behind the wheel of a vehicle before. I made two icy missiles out of what had come off my truck's windsheild, but my roommate had already left for school so there was no one to throw it at. I should have stuck them in the freezer and walloped my friends good later in the week.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

Best kind of snow, really - enough to stick a little, but not enough of it to stay so that one HAS to deal with it for weeks on end.