Friday, January 16, 2009

patsbrother's netflix nightmare

So, one group of friends got my brother coal for Christmas (I'm not kidding, a big box of it), and I still have no idea why. But even better comes the gift of the "Netflix Nightmare," also come up with by his friends, of which I am gleefully a part. For the last several Christmases, Lawya' has been sending out a 'reading list,' in which he suggests books his friends should read based on his perception of their personalities. If you've ever met my brother, you know why this is hilarious, and why the Netflix Nightmare is taking this concept to a whole 'nother level.

The idea is to open a Netflix account for him, and then his invited friends get to choose which movies he watches and pay for the account. His editorial control of what movies are chosen is minimal at best. And he must watch the movie, once it arrives in his mailbox.

The funnier part is, he has to review each movie and post the review online. Which means he had to start his own blog. I hope you will enjoy reading his academic review of movie tyranny as much as I do.

.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

I am laughing so, so hard right now.

I am so, so hoping this doesn't happen to me. Thanks God I already have a Netflix account.