Friday, May 15, 2009

Poor, Specter...

In a See I Told You So moment, Specter is already preparing to cave on card check. He doesn't know yet that it's not going to make a difference. One of the few even remotely conservative stances he has taken in his stint is a Republican is a solid history of anti-big-labor votes. They're going to turn on him in the primaries no matter what he does here. I'll go ahead and throw out a 2010 prediction since one of my 09's is already well in hand: Specter's former Senate seat come down to a Toomey (R) vs. Sestak (D) vs. Specter (I) election and one of the major parties will pick it up.

1 comment:

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

Considering your record on this one, you should definitely triple down. And you cleaned my clock on this prediction as well. I thought the GOP would put a higher value on Specter to keep open the filibuster option.

Glad I wasn't silly enough to place a wager on this one.

+1 Dante.