Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hegemonic Behaviors

Bear with me.

You all know I've been a fan of Hip-Hop music since I started listening to music. You also all know that I believe most of today's 'Rap' music (with a few notable exceptions) destroyed the Hip-Hop genre I grew up on.

Furthermore, anyone who's read this blog for more than a month knows that the thing I compare most right-wing politicians (like Sarah "Media Hate Me" Palin)& outrage-as-news-radio and TV hosts (Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly) to is gangsta rappers manufacturing controversy just to sell records (or books, advertising for the radio show, political donations, etc).

Lastly, you all know that I try and view International Relations through the lens of realpolitik, and despise the methodology and belief systems of neoconservative thinkers who (IMHO) have done nothing for the past 20 years besides weaken the United States internationally and play off the politics of fear to acheive their ends.

Rarely, do these three interests of mine ever intersect. But now I have something for the middle of the Venn diagram: "Jay Z vs. The Game: Lessons for the American Policy Debate."

You don't even have to know the music to understand why this makes sense.

.

No comments: