Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Say Hello To Heaven

Richard Thomas Kannady, 32, of Atlanta died Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at Emory University Hospital, ending his long battle against Burkitt's Lymphoma.

The last time I was on stage, Richard was there. That was a rock and roll bachelor/bachelorette party, and we played music all night in honor of some of my best friends. I'm glad I took in every moment of that show, and took nothing for granted in a room full of friends and family gathered for one of the biggest occasions I've ever been a part of.

Richard was one of the finest human beings I ever had the pleasure to meet. Memories of his life remind everyone who knew him to live their own lives to the fullest, to let the laughs come easy, to race the fastest, sing the loudest, and rock the hardest when the beat strikes the one.

.

2 comments:

Clifton said...

R.I.P.

New Orleans Ladder said...

My heart is with you, Pat.
So sorry for your loss.
Editilla