These are some predicitons I made in December of 2008. Let's see how I did.
- Obama's first year won't be as bad as Republicans think it will.
- Obama's first year won't be as glorious as Democrats think it will.
- A federal universal Health Care package eerily similar to Romneycare is going to make it to the floor this year...
- ...but union card check will happen first.
- Bail outs will continue and any financial institution or heavily unionized industry will qualify.
Wrong (bailouts were not extended to other heavily unionized industries as I suspected)
- There will be no terrorist attacks on US soil in 2009.
We have a few weeks left but I'm going to go ahead an mark a check here.
- Oil prices will remain low in 2009.
- Our likely recession will not last past 3rd Quarter 2009.
Check, but barely. We had 2.3% growth in Q3.
- There are going to be some serious power play issues among Pelosi, Reid, and Obama.
Check (see healthcare debate)
- Assassination attempts on black politicians by white supremacy groups will be the formula plot of the 2009 Fall TV lineup. It's no "family/individual getting cash it shouldn't" or "family/restaurant-on-top-of-bar finds out part of neighbor's property really belongs to them" but it'll be there.
Wrong. Not a single one...
So for my 2009 predictions, I'm 7-3. I can live with that. I'll have some 2010 predictions up in the coming week or so.