Friday, December 04, 2009

NOLA World Cup

As futbol dignitaries from around the world meet in Cape Town to draw their group assignments for next summer's World Cup in South Africa, I am reminded of two things.

1. I need to procure a US National Team jersey before the summer, so I can rock it when watching games in the early morning hours CST.

2. When the United States gets the nod to host the 2018 or 2022 World Cup, New Orleans MUST rally to get games played here in the Superdome.

Any game would be a fine day. But I dream bigger. Hosting a South American, African or Carribean National Team here would be magnetic. Hosting a game with the Irish or Italian National teams would be appropriate and celebratory. We already have the parade gear for all of these things.

But the chance to host a game between the United States and France? In New Orleans? In the Superdome?

Be. Still. My. Heart.

.

1 comment:

alli said...

I've got my KNVB jersey ready to go. Hup Holland Hup!!!!