Monday, February 01, 2010

Krewe du Vieux 2010



That was Saturday night. I'm still in recovery, as a week of cold medicine reduced my tolerance to that of a mewling newborn kitten. As far as transportation was concerned, I walked from my house to the Canal Street Streetcar line; from there to the French Quarter; and across the Quarter to the Marigny. Getting home was just as easy, though it involved a bit more dancing.

Though I wish we had a streetcar on Esplanade, I'm not complaining. Walking is good for you, and the streetcar back echoed with "Who Dat!?!" chants.

Krewe du Vieux is the first big parade of Carnival Season in New Orleans. Next weekend we have parades, the city elections and the Super Bowl to watch. A week later is the weekend before Mardi Gras. So by the time Ash Wednesday arrives, New Orleanians will have been dancing at the center of the universe for five weeks.

Yeah, I know you wish you were here. I'll try to keep the pictures coming.

.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

'Twas great seeing you out there. I owe you more than just some measly pirate beads. Take care 'a you, now.