I guess hosting the Georgia Bulldawgs and Texas A&M Aggies was too much for little ole Shreveport to handle. I think this might be a little bit of overreaction on the part of the locals.
That was the only feasable explanation I could come up with, anyway.
Other lines of thought I was going to try:
1. End of the world scenario, hunh? Maybe someone in Shreveport has been spending a little too much time on this website.
2. This is why you shouldn't let your imaginary friends and science fiction dictate government policy.
3. Readiness for really real world emergencies seldom involves combat training and vehicles with .50 caliber machine guns. If they were for real, they'd spend 99% of their time working on logistics and communications and they'd make sure they had plenty of TRAILERS.
4. Ten bucks says they are doing this because Shreveport is a destination city for hurricane evacuees from New Orleans and Houston.
5. Can't blame 'em for worrying about the End-of-the-World, can we? Saints won the Super Bowl, after all.