Thursday, March 04, 2010

It's Not a Contract

It's a Roadmap, and it is an actual conservative vision of American tax burden and fiscal domestic policy. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Of what I have read, I can't say I agree with too much of it. But that's not to say I don't appreciate the vision. This plan has balls, son. And just associating your name with something like this takes big brass ones.

What it looks like, however, is the actual implementation of all those things Republican leaders around this country like to go on Fox News and tell us they believe in.

One wonders why, then, this Roadmap for America's Future has such little Republican support?

(Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmm?")

.

2 comments:

Dante said...

I have to admit this is only the second time I've seen this roadmap. The first was in a National Review blurb and I never thought to follow up on it. Is there Republican opposition to it? I haven't seen one way or another. As far as support, I imagine that will come only after it picks up a little steam on its own.

From glancing over it, the smartest thing I see is his Social Security reform. The managed private account side looks almost identical to what members of Congress get. If they oppose it, they'll get labeled as hypocrites.

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

There is no GOP opposition that I have seen, but if I have to hear about a GOP plan through President Obama, I'm not sure how much traction it is getting in party circles.