Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Streetcar Named Prince


(Link is the PDF version of Flagpole Magazine. You can zoom in to the cover for detail.)

It is nothing short of abuse to meld iconic images of two of my beloved cities in this way. My allergy impaired brain is addled enough, I don't need to add the fever-dream possibility that my RTA token can somehow be used to board the St. Charles Streetcar line Uptown and disembark on the west end of Downtown Athens.

To avoid any future confusion, I demand that any future Athens streetcars must be painted in red and black color schemes.

In all seriousness, I have long opined that if certain New Orleanians wanted to look to other cities for ideas on redevelopment and urban renewal, they would do well to turn away from Houston and Atlanta and look instead at cities like Athens and Savannah.

Glad to know someone is looking right back.

.

No comments: