What slippery slope?
1. Eliminate probable cause and reasonable suspicion. Because of security risks, your papers can be checked by officers of the law at any time and for any reason the officer deems appropriate.
2. Because we can always trust officers of the law, and never need invasive oversight to handle local matters.
3. If you do not have the papers deemed appropriate, you can be detained until your information is verified, or until you are transported to a Federal facility.
4. Because your information is guaranteed to be verified quickly. Detention facilities and proceedures are always clean and efficient where one finds only legal and humane treatment of detainees and prisoners. The liklihood of mistaken identity, cruel and unusual punishment, and systematic failure is very small. Due process is rarely required to address such issues, as the system is self correcting.
5. Because of the inconvenience of due process, we can now look into stripping crime suspects of their citizenship upon being charged with a crime.
Not "convicted," charged. Mistakes are inconceivable.
6. Acheive perfect safety.
Please send Thank You notes to Governor Jan Brewer and Senator John McCain of Arizona, and Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut. And remember, health care reform is a plot of tyrants and totalitarians to take inalienable rights away from you and your helpful for-profit insurance company agents.
Have a nice day!