Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Congratulations, Carolina

South Carolina won the College World Series for their first national championship in any sport. That makes the Gamecocks one of only 3 SEC teams who have won a College World Series.

As a Georgia fan, I enjoy seeing the Poultry do well in sports so long as their opponent isn't the Bulldawgs. Though this win will mean Williams-Brice Stadium will be even louder come September, and my friends from the Palmetto State will be extra obnoxious in the run-up to the game, I'm glad to see an SEC team doing well. If the 'Dawgs can't win it, why not PETA's Favorite Mascots? If nothing else, I get to harass the local Big 10(+2) fans about their conference affiliation, and that makes me smile.

As a Saints fan, I've seen how that first championship season can be a doozie.

Enjoy it, y'all.

.

1 comment:

DADvocate said...

Since it's not a Steve Spurrier coached team, congrats to the Gamecocks. Love your mascot name.