Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Low Hanging Fruit

Well, I reckon if the ignorant behaviors of state legislators are fair game* in the national political conversation, I'm definitely entering this dingleberry into the record.

Because while this legislation likely won't make it out of committee, I absolutely think it tells you where some Republicans would be on reproductive rights if there weren't folks around to disagree with them.

It also serves as a reminder to all of us back here in reality that natural biology remains the number one terminator of pregnancies in the world.


* (HT: DADvocate)

.

4 comments:

patsbrother said...

While I support changing pre-conviction references from 'victims' to 'accusers' in those sections of the laws which are not from the victims' perspective (such as the victims' bill of rights)...

...this is something different.

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

You'll pardon me if I have to view all of his legislative priorities as suspect, considering this particularly credibility-cratering submission.

patsbrother said...

Oh, good. I'm glad we no longer need to judge things on their merits, just whether the person who proposes them has done something else crazy.

Which means I never have to give anything you propose any credibility, regardless whether it is the complete right thing to do, what with that stupid wonky Creation Stories literature class you proposed we add to the high school curriculum, which was dumb enough without adding evolution to it (although I suppose that *was* its raison d'etre), considering evolution is not a creation story.

I've wanted this for a long time. It's the absolute right thing to do. The only reason this is a national story is because when taken out of context it fits into one one group's "narrative" about another (which you usually rail against). I don't care who proposes something, if it's the right thing to do, do it.

Cousin Pat from Georgia said...

I'm glad you equated "legislative priorities suspect" with "no longer judging things on merits."

I'll find a way to discredit the one on the merits, don't you worry. Don't be so sure it is the right thing to do.